Here is the sample of our Purchase Agreement. The contract will be provided for review and signature before you commit
- The purchase price of a kitten is $1,500 Canadian dollars.
- Purchaser places a non-refundable deposit to reserve a kitten (in the amount of $200), and pays the remaining amount at the time of kitten pick-up. Purchaser is responsible for all transportation cost including any special veterinary forms required for transport and any import charges and taxes.
- The Breeder has the right, at their discretion, to cancel this contract at any time before delivery of the kitten. In this case, the full deposit will be returned to the Purchaser.
- Should the Purchaser cancel this agreement before the kitten is delivered, or fail to pay the outstanding balance at the time of the pickup, the kitten may be withheld, or sold to another person, and the Purchaser’s full deposit will be retained as a cancellation fee.
- Our Cattery will accept the return of a kitten for any reason, as long as the kitten is returned in the same physical condition as it was at the time of pick up, vaccines are up to date and all accompanying papers are returned including vet records. The kitten must be returned in a healthy condition. Purchaser agrees to pay veterinary costs if the kitten needs medical attention upon its return. Purchaser also agrees to pay for any return/shipping costs and any import charges or taxes. If the kitten is returned before a 2 week period (14 days) after the pickup date, the refund will be provided minus the $200 deposit, which is retained by the Breeder. If the kitten is returned after 2-week period, the Breeder will refund whatever the kitten re-sells for minus the $200 deposit and any expenses the Breeder incurs to re-home the kitten.
- The kitten is guaranteed to be of sound health upon arrival into Purchaser’s care. It will be the responsibility of the Purchaser to have the kitten examined by a veterinarian within 72 hours. The Purchaser will receive a health record of all vaccines received as well as a schedule of the vaccines still needed to maintain the kitten’s health in the future.
- This kitten is guaranteed against life-threatening congenital defects until its second birthday. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to provide immediate veterinary care to a kitten showing any sign of illness or distress and failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void. No kitten is to be euthanized without the prior knowledge of the Breeder, except in the case where a veterinarian considers it the only humane alternative. To do so will void the guarantee. Should the kitten die within the above-mentioned time period as a direct result of a congenital defect, the kitten will be replaced only if an appropriate necropsy, paid for by the Purchaser, is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian’s certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. It will then be the Purchaser’s choice to receive either a replacement kitten of comparable quality and value or the full purchase price. The Breeder can, however, at their discretion, opt to return the purchase price rather than replace the kitten.
- The Purchaser agrees to continue to provide needed vaccinations and veterinary care for the lifetime of this pet.
- The kitten will live as an indoor pet and will not be allowed outdoors unsupervised. Under no circumstances will this kitten be declawed.
- Purchaser agrees to contact the breeder if at any time during the kitten’s life the Purchaser is unable to keep the kitten. Under no circumstances will this kitten be sold, leased or given to any pet shop, research laboratory or similar facility. The Purchaser agrees to give the Breeder a chance to re-house the kitten.
- The Breeder will not be responsible for any veterinary expenses incurred by the Purchaser while the kitten is in the possession of the Purchaser.
- The total liability of the Breeder shall in no case exceed the total purchase price of the kitten.
- If any of the stated clauses are not meet or broken by the Purchaser, or if this kitten is found to be neglected or mistreated, the Purchaser agrees to surrender the kitten and all rights to the kitten to the Breeder or their representative unconditionally without benefit of refund or any course of reclaim. In the event the Purchaser is found to have violated any of the terms of this contract, Purchaser shall be liable to the Seller for damages in the amount of two times the purchase price of said cat/kitten, plus expenses for veterinarian care upon return of cat/kitten to Seller and all attorney, legal and related miscellaneous fees that result in litigating this contract. Any legal action, which may arise under the terms of this contract, will be brought in the county/city of Seller’s residence.